Speakers Announced for TEDxTauranga – 25th July 2015
A fantastic line up of 10 speakers has been announced for this year’s TEDxTauranga. They include:
- Leading New Zealand scientist, innovator and inventor Sir Ray Avery.
- Ellis Bryers talking about a vision is of a nation where Maori cultural practices are understood and utilized daily by both Maori and non-Maori in a way that unifies our nation and builds our cultural identity as New Zealanders.
- Head of the Neural Reprogramming and Repair Lab at the University of Auckland, Dr Bronwen Connor.
- Jason Edgecombe, an aspiring entrepreneur who will share the story of his own personal struggle to be “normal”.
- Leadership coach, radio commentator, author of “The Impostor Syndrome” and managing director of Sigmoid Curve Consulting Group, Harold Hillman.
- National board member of Amnesty International Aotearoa New Zealand, of 350 Aotearoa, and of Environment and Conservation Organisations of New Zealand, Catherine Iorns.
- Stephen Lethbridge, a connected and future focused education leader who is all about fostering curiosity and creativity in our children. He is currently thinking about robotics, arduino, design thinking, maker spaces in school, BYOB, and e-learning where the e stands for effective.
- Dr David Pattemore, a scientist with Plant & Food Research who studies the pollination of economically important crops, bringing an ecologist’s perspective to production systems.
- Dr Michael Quintern is responsible for research and developing of future technologies for utilisation of organic wastes. Michael’s passions are soils and his beliefs in sustainable soil management.
- Rachael van der Gugten has a passion for empowering people to understand what is going on in their bodies and loves piecing together the many parts of the puzzle in a memorable and easy to understand way. She believes digestion is the key to optimal health and being fart free for life!
For more information and to get your tickets visit: Buy Your Tickets For TEDxTauranga Now